Bookmark and Share

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Racing Pigeons


Racing Pigeons -- I didn't know there was such a thing when I was given my first pigeons. As a kid, my first pigeons were given to me by a man named Dale who was working at a bicycle shop. I don't know where he got them but I was more than happy to bottle feed the two week old baby pigeons. That's right, they were bottle fed. To be more precise, I used a pop bottle with plastic over the end and poked a hole in it for them to stick there beaks in to drink. The little pigeons would eat so much they couldn't move. They were spoiled little pigeons! Now, more than 40 years later, I still keep pigeons or should I say Racing Pigeons.

I started my first young bird season in 1983 with a bang.
(First Place 1430 Racing Pigeons)

What makes our family of racing pigeons unique is that for years, like many racing pigeon fanciers, we had pigeons from across the United States, England, Belgium, and Holland. Then, in the early 90’s, I decided to breed only from the six best pair of racing pigeons.

Some of the foundation racing pigeons that made an impact:

85 LOLF 588 BB was from Ed Hinterlong. I met Ed in 1983 while shipping my first pigeon race. The pigeon clock I took to the club was an antique and could not be used, so Ed loaned me a pigeon clock.

Cattrysse racing pigeons from the loft of Kaspers - Van Driel.
General Champion AFD. Amsterdam over 1000 lofts 1974 and 1984.
87 NL 1774569 BC WF SPL
87 NL 2730696 BC WF
87 NL 2730700

A super racing pigeon off John Blindu's "Snow Pair"
88 ESM 7269 BB SPL WF

Racing pigeons from the loft of Marty Ladin
84 FRC 2310 BC
89 FVC 1047 BB
95 FVC 1364 BB

Racing Pigeon 90 Belg 6129259 Originally from Michel Delen and the only dark check pigeon in my loft. I mention this pigeon not only because he produced generations of winning racing pigeons, but this pigeon was also responsible for slowly changing all the blue bars and blue checkers to the current dominate dark check racing pigeon family.

I once received a phone call from an excited pigeon fancier who had gotten racing pigeons from me. He called to tell me that Henry Sadewater, had graded his racing pigeons, and that when Henry graded the racing pigeons that he had gotten from me that Henry asked where he had gotten them and that they were speed pigeons.
Hence Speed Pigeon .com

I hope you enjoy our Racing Pigeon website!
If you have any questions please feel FREE to drop me a note:

All The Best,
Randy Enburg

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment